The first post...and all you need to know about me and my plan!

My name is Nicole and I might just be the best thing that ever happened to you wrapped up in a fat suit, but I would really like to just be called the best thing that ever happened to you! ;)
HI guys, I spent all night wondering around on the net looking for something to inspire me. You see I am 25 years old and my whole life I have been over weight. These last two years have taken the cake. When I was in high school I was around 200lbs and when I look back at my yearbook oh my goodness...was I skinny. Recent pictures today tell me the contrary. To tell you the Truth, I am not down with the way I look these days. In general I am a active mind. I need to keep myself motivated mentally to have any kind of life physically. It has always been this way. So when I was in high school and involved in sports (something that was always mentally challenging to me) I kept in shape. I had an chubby athletic body and I was ok with it. College years mentally attacked me, but left the scars of my flubbery past and intensified them ten fold. So here I stand at 25 and five years away from the dreaded thirty, a year and a half to my wedding, and feeling more like a beached whale then a chubby athlete.
So for Christmas the fiance' and I finally broke down and bought a Wii, I love it. I used to have one pre-divorce, and it is one of the most fun things ever. I always wished that they would come up with exercise games that were actually a game which you could exercise to. My soon-to-be mother-in-law also bought me Just Dance for Christmas. I was sore, and exhilarated, and well she is currently keeping it hostage from me because the whole family had too much fun. So I have been researching. The best (from my research remember) workout Wii game out there currently apparently is EA Sports Active and More Active workout for the Wii. I have read a ton of things documenting the weight loss but nothing really describing a daily lifestyle. Well that isn't marketed by EA it self ;). So Friday once I tally up my bills, and head down to my local low price super store ;). I will be purchasing at least the first addition. As well as starting my 30 day challenge and hopefully a new me.
So...wish me luck. I hope that my adventure with the Wii EA Sports Active makes this year a better one. Now of course for you cynics out there I don't expect this to be the end all be all cure. I watch my eating habits, I will blog on my pizza addiction, pot roast, mac-n-cheese affiliations, etc. But the most important part is that even though I have a inactive lifestyle I need to get more fit.
It is not only about the pictures but about being healthy to have a family in the future. To not only be told I have a pretty face, but that I am also beautiful (and Michael you don't count.) This is about changing my outlook on the world, to stop making jokes about skinny people, and to understand what it is like to fit into clothing again.

Friday, January 08, 2010

My first work out!

So at midnight (when my paycheck came in) I went to my super store and bought the last EA games Active on the shelf. I intimidately came home and got to work. I do however need a stronger resistance band. Even though I could feel the burn it wasn't enough...damn me for being so strong ;). However I started my thirty day challenge. I used a low intensity workout to start out and it so kicked my butt!!. My legs mostly...and to my neighbors downstairs I am so sorry for the inline skating. But I HAVE TO JUMP!. Case and point I love it. I did an xtra workout of my own built of sports. It was a nice ten minute cool down. I am now ready for bed. I hate the running but because of the sweat factor I figure its one of my best things to try. Tomorrow after work i'm going to turn up the heat. I have a feeling its going to be a blast. I still need to buy a scale or the fit to keep up with my weightloss...saving I promise.. We will see when taxes come in...Alright world goodnight and good weight loss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment